Affiliate Marketing Training for Beginners / The Ultimate Step by Step Affiliate Marketing Guide
Hello there. Welcome to AffiliateMarketingTrainingMadeEasy.com. Since you have arrived this far in the search process, I guess that you are very interested in looking for a training program where you can learn how to become an Affiliate Marketer. You have come to the right place. Let me show and guide you in the right direction and how to choose the perfect affiliate training program to fit your need. In this article, I will show you all that you need to know what a good affiliate marketing training program should be able to provide for you. Together we will go through the step by step guide to affiliate marketing for beginners.
What Is Affiliate Marketing and How Does It Work?
As you probably already know, an affiliate program or associate program is an agreement between you (the Affiliate) and a merchant in which the merchant agrees to allows you the affiliate to sell his or her product in a website that you own. You do this by placing links on advertising to the merchant’s site on your website. When visitors to your website click on these links, they are sent to the merchant’s site. If that visitor buys something on the merchant’s site, you are then credited for that sale and the merchant pays you an agreed upon percentage of the sale as your commission. In other words, the merchant pays the affiliate for links from his or her site to his site. The affiliate is paid only when an actual sale is made by the merchant as a result of the affiliate’s link.
Here Are The 7 Steps to What You Need to Do:
1. Pick a Niche.
2. Research different affiliate programs and products.
3. Build a website.
4. Produce excellent content.
5. Build an audience.
6. Promote your affiliate product(s).
7. Repeat steps 4 to 7 on a continual basis.
How to Start an Affiliate Marketing Business:
1. The Affiliate Shows an ad for the merchant on their website
2. Customer clicks the ad or link
3. Customer is sent to merchant’s site through tracking links
4. Customer makes a purchase on the merchant’s website
5. Affiliate network records the purchase and details of the transaction
6. The purchase is confirmed by the merchant as a valid sale
7. The sale is credited to the referring affiliate
8. Affiliate gets paid their commission
How Do I Pick a Niche? / Find Niche Product
Finding a Niche based on a passion, interest or hobby is easy. Determining if the niche has potential is the hard part. There is a lot of research that goes into determining if a niche has potentials or not. Sometimes marketers tend to pick a high-priced product to sell thinking that it will result in high returns on commissions but that is not always the case. A high-priced niche sometimes mean that it will sell slower due to its high price.
On the other hand, a much lower priced niche will sell faster due to economic reasons for your audience thus adding up more monetary returns for you than those high-priced products. When picking your niche, it is good practice to know your audience. I highly recommend that you click on the video below and watch the tutorial on how to pick a niche by one of the most respected affiliate training coaches in the market today.
How to Join an Affiliate Program?
Before you can go out to look for an affiliate program to join, there are a few things you will have to do first before most Affiliate Programs allow you to join in their programs. Let me use Amazon as an example. Amazon requires that you set up a website or blog in order to be able to sign up for their Amazon Associates program. You will have to satisfy all their requirements before they allow you to join their affiliate program. The same goes pretty much for most affiliate programs out there. You will just have to go to each individual affiliate program’s website and find out what their requirements are. Below I have a list of the top 20 affiliate programs for 2017.
Best Affiliate Programs Online
Here Are Some of The Top Most Popular Affiliate Programs for 2017
- ShareASale/Affiliate Window
- Rakuten Affiliate Network
- eBay Partner Network
- Amazon Associates
- CJ Affiliate by Conversant
- Link Connector
- Impact Radius
- Performance Horizon
- Webgains/ad pepper media
- Affiliate Future
- Share Results
There are many more good affiliate programs out there for us to choose from that are not shown in this list. You will just have to search for them on the internet using Google and other search engines. I am sure you will find an affiliate program for any niche that you pick if you just dig a little deeper.
Who is Affiliate Marketing For? – Is Affiliate Marketing for Beginners?
Affiliate Marketing is for anyone who is interested in making money online. It can be for anyone of any age. Yes, it can also be for beginners and seasoned affiliate marketers too.
It can be for:
• Experienced marketers or beginners
• Retired folks
• Single Parents
• Unemployed people
• Full and part-time workers
• People who dislike their jobs
• People who just need some extra income
• People who want to work from home full time
There is no group or age limit to becoming an Affiliate Marketer. As long as you have basic computer skills and know how to navigate the internet if you have the ability and the willingness to learn new things, you can be an Affiliate Marketer. You do not have to have a computer degree to be an affiliate marketer. Do not be discouraged by all the fancy technical terms that come with the online business field. It is much easier than you think.
How do I Start in Affiliate Marketing? / What to Look for In an Affiliate Training Program
Now that we know how to pick our niche and how to choose and join an affiliate program, let us look into how to actually start our affiliate marketing business. Now there comes a question to mind. As someone who is new to Affiliate Marketing, how and where do I learn how to be one. What kind of training do I need to go through and what kind of tools do I need to have in order to become an affiliate marketer. Let me start making a list of what I need train on first.
We need to be able to:
• build a website
• manage website
• know SEO
• pick a niche
• write contents and reviews
Basically, you would need to be able to look for solutions for any issues with your website or your online business. Let me tell you. Not everyone who wants to be an affiliate marketer knows how to do all the things we need to start a new affiliate marketing business. Somehow, most of us need some kind if training in order to know most of what we need to know about this business.
There are a lot of training programs out there to choose from but let us go through what such a training program should have or offer so that we will choose them to be our training program. You can do your own research and make your own choice of which training program fits your need but I will let you know one thing. During my research for a training program when I first started, I have not found any other training program that will give you everything that I am listing for you below. This list is based on my own personal experience with the training program I am in call Wealthy Affiliate
Our Affiliate Training Program Should Have All These Things Here Provided to Us Included in Just One Monthly Fee:
• Have been in business for a while
• Have a good reputation and customer reviews
• Supply us with a free starter package so we can try out their service
• Have all the tools that we need to train with
• Allow us to build a couple of free websites
• Have onsite hosting of up to 25 websites
• Have domain-based email available to us
• Free keyword research tool
• Live Weekly Training Classes
• Question and Answer Periods
• Organized Classrooms (on specific topics)
• Interactive Discussions
• Video Training, Tutorial Training
• Task-Based Courses Keyword & Competition Research Tool
• Live, 24/7/365 Chat
• Interactive Discussions
• Live Question & Answer periods
• Private 1-on-1 support with the owners
• Private access to community experts
• And much, much more…….
As I have said above, I have not come across any training platform out there that offers all the kinds of stuff I show on the list above for one low monthly fee. Anyway, that is for you to choose whether to use that program or something different.
How to Build a WordPress Website / Building Your First Niche Website Using WordPress
By now you should have done most of your research into which training program you want to join, which affiliate program and what niche you want to promote. The next step would naturally be to build or learn how to build your website.
First, I want to explain to you that depending on the training platform you have chosen to build your online business with, some of them like the one I use, Wealthy Affiliate, give you two different options when it comes to building your websites.
From this point on I will refer a lot of this guide as to how I train and build my websites with the Wealthy Affiliate platform. After doing all my initial research into Affiliate Marketing, I decided that I would train and build my online marketing business with Wealthy Affiliate for the simple fact that they offer so much more than any other program out there. Another one of the main reasons for my choosing them is due to all the positive reviews they receive from their customers.
Now let us return to the two membership options offered us by Wealthy Affiliate. These options pretty much depend on what type of membership you have chosen for yourself.
1. The FIRST option is called a Free Starter Membership in which they offer you:
• two free websites
• Free domains using their SiteRubix domain and website building interface or platform
• Host your websites with them for free
• Website Backup
• Beginner Training Course
• Personal affiliate blog
• Video walkthroughs
• Keyword research tool – 30 free searches
• Two training classrooms
• Affiliate program
• Earn while you learn
2. The SECOND option is for the Premium Paid members of the program.
As you can see by the chart shown below, the Premium Membership package includes everything the Free Starter Membership has plus a whole lot more.
Having Your Own Website vs. A Free Website
Here Are the Pros and Cons of Having a Free Website
• Zero Costs
• Easy to Set Up
• Great for Testing a New Niche
• Great for Testing New Themes and Plugins
• Limited Features
• No Email Addresses
• You Don’t Own the Domain Name
• Can’t Open Support Tickets
• Ineligible for Google Adsense
Here Are the Pros and Cons of Having a Website on A Domain You Own
• A Professional Look
• Sites Rank Better
• Your Own Piece of Web Real Estate
• More Memorable for Visitors and Branding
• Can Be a Pain to Set Up for Newbies
• Extra Costs
• Hosting at Wealthy Affiliate Only Available for Premium Members
Ultimately, the best thing would be for us to have our own domain name in the long run. They appear a lot more professional. If you decide to buy your own domain name, it is highly recommended that you buy one with a .com or .org extensions. It does not mean that you don’t use any of the other extensions if these two are not available to you. It is just that the .com and .org seen to rank better than the others.
By now, you should have made the decision which type of membership you want to join. I will start walking you through the steps on how to install or create your new website whether you are a Free
Starter Member or a Premium Member
Below I will set up links that will send you directly to the training videos and classrooms at Wealthy Affiliate that will train you on how to install and setup your website:
1. Watch the video on how to create your free website using SiterRubix
On this training, we are going to show you the step by step procedure of how to build your first website using the SiteRubix website building platform here at Wealthy Affiliate.
Here are some of the things you will get to do in this tutorial:
Building Your Website
Step 1: Choose the Kind of Website
Step 2: Choose a Domain
Step 3: Choose a Website Name
Step 4: Choose a Design
2. Setting Up Your Website Using SiteRubix
In this lesson, we are going to be walking you through the process of the initial website set-up. This includes the removal of “default” content that is installed on every website as well as a look around in the back office of your website.
- Watch the Setting Up Your Website Video
- Log into your website WordPress ADMIN area
- Activate your All in One SEO & EWWW Image Optimizer Plugins
- Delete the default Post, Page and Comment (if they exist)
Click on the link below to take you to the tutorial
3. Getting Your Site Ready for Search Engines
Today we are going to walk you through the set-up of a WordPress plugin that is going to do a lot of the “dirty work” for you and will take care of the optimization of all your website pages/posts, meta tags, and other aspects that search engines look for when ranking your site.
- Watch the Getting Your Website SEO Ready video walk-through
- Set-up your All in One SEO Settings
4. Creating Your Initial Website Content
SiteContent, a Writer’s Dream Platform
As both a Starter/Premium member, you have access to the SiteContent platform here at Wealthy Affiliate. This platform offers you some incredible features as a writer that will lead to more efficiency, accuracy, and speed with your content creation.
Here are the things you are going to be doing in this lesson:
- Watch the “Creating Your Initial Website Framework” Walk-through Video
- Create & Publish Your “About Me” POST
- Watch the “Creating Custom Menus & Navigation” Walk-through Video
- Create Your Own Custom Menu
5.Understanding Keywords, The Start of Your Content
In this part of the training, you will learn the importance of Keywords and how crucial they are to the life and wellbeing of a website. Without good keywords and keyword research, you might as well just shut down your site. Keywords are going to be the “root” of all your SEO success.
Here are some of the things you will be doing during this tutorial:
Please click on the video below to go to the training about Keywords
6. Creating Your First Keyword Rich Post
Now that you have a much better understanding of what Keywords are and their unique roles are in getting your website to be recognized by the search engines, it is time to start writing your Keywords Rich contents using your new found knowledge.
Congratulations! You have accomplished a lot in a short time. By now, you have learned quite a lot about how to start your own online niche marketing business after following this step by step guide.
You have learned how to:
- Understood the process of niche marketing
- Set your short and long-term business goals
- Able to chose your own niche
- Able to built your very first website using SiteRubix
- Set-up the website so that it will be there for years to come
- Activated your website plugins
- Know how to set-up plugins to maximize website efficiency
- Optimized your website for search engines
- Created your very first page of content on your website
- Understood the process of keyword research
- Found a bunch of awesome, low competition keywords
- Created valuable content within your niche
- Learn how to properly set-up your website navigation
- Learned a bunch of powerful stuff that is going to help lead you to future success
Now I want to congratulate you again in following our step by step guide on how to become an Affiliate Marketer. By completing this guide, you have learned quite a lot about what it takes to become successful in Niche Marketing. Even though you have learned a lot here, there are still quite a lot more to Niche Marketing that you have to learn.
We have just barely scratched the surface when it comes to learning this business. I have to warn you if it is fast easy money that you are looking for, this is not the program for you. This program is for career minded people who want to learn what it takes and make this a long-term commitment to starting their own online business so that they will have the FREEDOM to control their own destiny.
If you have any questions or concerns about this guide please leave your comments in our comment section below. If you want to join me at Wealthy Affiliate, I would be more than willing to help you set up your new online business. For more information about the training at Wealthy Affiliate, click on the red button to check out our review page.
Please Click On The Button Below To See My Complete Review of Wealthy Affiliate.
If you would like to leave a comment or you have any questions, please do leave them below. I would love to hear your feedback! I also invite you to visit my Facebook Page.